Stepfamily Issues

Personal stories about stepfamilies, childhood and general family issues.


July 05, 2008

my stepmother is my rock

Venetia was a little girl when her mother die from breast cancer and when her father remarried he wisely chose a woman who became the little girl's rock.

"Despite my wonderful stepmother's reassurance, it's always been my fear that I will die young from breast cancer, too", says Venetia, “and sometimes I worry that my stepmother will get the disease, too.”

“When things overwhelm me my stepmother is my rock, she really is,” says Venetia, “but I just wish that she would take my anti-cancer diet more seriously.”

"The thought of losing a second mother to breast cancer, or any sort of disease, really scares me,” says Venetia, “and evidence is building up that diet does play a very important part in preventing cancer – in that it builds up immunity.”

Read more of Venetia's story:



  • keep open mind on breast cancer
  • helplessly watching mom die
  • destined to be a nurse
  • clutching at straws
  • Labels: , , , , , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Stepfamily Issues